Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Friday · December 8, 2023
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- Flsa Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the Flsa.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Chief resident or similar leadership experience.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Oct 23, 2023.
- PGY3s within 6 months of graduation or new graduates welcome.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- In the Medical and Research Translation (Mart) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center's outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research.
- For technical support.interfolio.
- For questions regarding this position. Sadia Abbasi at.
- MD or equivalent.
- Location: Stony Brook, New York.
- One year current full-time hospitalist experience.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- Hospitalist earns an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- If board certified in Family Medicine, one of the following criteria is required.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hour shifts while on clinical duties.
- Application Instructions.
- Reasonable patient load.
- We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives.
- The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- 5 CME days annually with $1,ipend.
- All rights reserved.
- Com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at or.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or a NP/PA.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- With ony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center.
- At our 624-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Completion of a Chief Residency or GME approved fellowship program.
- Closed ICU.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education, and participation in the development of clinical research.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- Stony Brook Children's, with more than s in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Specialized training or fellowship in geriatrics or hospitalist medicine.
- Two years of current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Non-Tenure Track position.
- 2022 Inc.
- Nov 23, ern Time.
- It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
- In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request. It can also be viewed online at the University Police.
- Family Medicine Residency with concentration on Hospitalist Medicine.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (126379).
- Become a member of our team.
- Special Notes.
- Experience with quality or research initiatives.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Nov 23.