Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Wednesday · September 27, 2023
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- Within this group are specific hospitalists who are selected to care for patients assigned to the cardiology service. Become a member of our team.
- Successful candidates will lead a team with support from the cardiology NP and nursing staff.
- The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- All rights reserved.
- For questions regarding this position. Hal Skopicki at.
- 5 CME days annually with $1,ipend.
- At our 624-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- The work is targeted to those hospitalists who have a passion for delivering care to cardiac patients and wish to further their exposure to life-long cardiac specific educational opportunities.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and B/E or B/C in Cardiology.
- In the Medical and Research Translation (Mart) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center's outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research.
- Chief resident or similar leadership experience.
- Aug 26, 2022.
- The hospitalist dedicated to the cardiac service will coordinate collaborative medical care for patients on the cardiology service working closely with cardiology specialists and cardiology fellows.
- Tenure/Non-Tenure Track position.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at or.
- The regulation also allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- The Division of Hospital Medicine provides exceptional inpatient service across a wide range of clinical disorders and plays a central role in the education and scholarly mission of the Department of Medicine.
- Importantly, as part of life-long learning, the hospitalist physician on the cardiology service will be eligible to help lead and participate in quality performance projects and have the opportunity to be mentored in research projects.
- Stony Brook Children's, with more than s in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
- With ony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Required Qualifications: MD or equivalent.
- It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into award-winning medical care.
- Responsibilities include evaluation of new admissions, collaborative in-hospital care, and serving as a resource for the transitional care of patients with heart-related conditions.
- Specialized training or completion of a fellowship in geriatrics or hospitalist medicine.
- Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- 2022 Inc.
- THE Following Paragraph Only Applies TO Positions That MAY Come IN Contact With Patients OR Patient Care Employees.
- Reasonable patient load within an outstanding collaborative team.
- For technical support.interfolio.
- Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
- Experience with quality or research initiatives.
- The experience will be interactive with frequent collaboration and teaching opportunities with medical residents, cardiology fellows, specialty NPs and the clinical cardiology group.
- The position is unique in that successful applicants will also be able to participate in many didactic education opportunities afforded to cardiology fellows and attending staff.
- Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care.
- Special Notes.
- PGY3s within 6 months of graduation or new graduates welcome.
- In response to the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation requiring Hospital and Nursing Home personnel to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, candidates selected for patient care positions or positions that may come in contact with patients or patient care employees, if not already vaccinated, must be fully vaccinated or obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the DOH vaccine protocol.
- We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- Application Instructions.
- Preferred Qualifications: Two years of current, full time hospitalist medicine experience.
- Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Hospitalist (Cardiology Service), Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (101572).
- Sep 26, ern Time.
- To qualify for tenure faculty appointment, the candidate must meet the criteria established by the School of Medicine (https://renaissance.
- Flsa Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the Flsa.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine.
- In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request. It can also be viewed online at the University Police.
- Location: Stony Brook, New York.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Sep 28.