Hospitalist Jobs in New York
Sunday · August 7, 2022
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Typical day on Broadway in Times Square.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
- In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request. It can also be viewed online at the University Police.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, one of the following criteria is required.
- Closed ICU.
- Chief resident or similar leadership experience.
- PGY3s within 6 months of graduation or new graduates welcome.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (98849).
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Non-Tenure Track position.
- Jul 13, 2022.
- Family Medicine Residency with concentration on Hospitalist Medicine.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or a NP/PA.
- Experience with quality or research initiatives.
- Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Location: Stony Brook, New York.
- With ony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center.
- For questions regarding this position.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- 5 CME days annually with $1,ipend.
- Stony Brook Children's, with more than s in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
- Become a member of our team.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- Reasonable patient load.
- Application Instructions.
- The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
- The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home.
- Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- Specialized training or fellowship in geriatrics or hospitalist medicine.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- At our 624-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Two years of current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Aug 13, ern Time.
- Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Flsa Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the Flsa.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Hospitalist earns an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- Com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at or.
- 2022 Inc.
- One year current full-time hospitalist experience.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education, and participation in the development of clinical research.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- MD or equivalent.
- In the Medical and Research Translation (Mart) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center's outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives.
- Special Notes.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine.
- We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Completion of a Chief Residency or GME approved fellowship program.
- For technical support.interfolio.
- In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes "continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19," Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol.
- All rights reserved.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago